Joining the Team
• Make sure your TZM Official Blog profile is up to date (preferably with a photo; don't be shy :).
• New members will need to attend at least two (2) preliminary meetings: The first as an introduction to the team and what roles they are interested in filling, and the second to go over any additional questions or instructions, after which the required permissions may be granted.
• Joining the team will be at the discretion of the existing team, in consideration of several factors, up to but not necessarily limited to: Karma, previous Newsletter submissions, and other Movement related projects or experience.
Roles and Responsibilities
At this time, there are five (5) different Roles on the Newsletter Team:
Quality Assurance - Review all submitted content for relevance, accuracy, and overall quality based on general adherence to the Submission Guidelines, then Approve, Return (needs work), or Reject. Must be very well-versed in the RBE concepts, somewhat of a veteran in the Movement, and able to quickly identify content that may "raise an eyebrow." Extremely familiar with the Movement's tenets, its history of structural changes, and keenly aware of its public perception. ("What will non-members/new members get from this submission? How have members reacted to this subject/material in the past? How will the Blog/Movement benefit from this submission? What are the drawbacks, if any?") Forum discussion/moderation experience is a plus! =) Able to effectively communicate w/the author regarding requested changes/improvement, or reason(s) for Rejection.
Editor - Review and edit all Approved content for structural flow and grammatical accuracy. Fact-checking, verifying links/data, etc. Correct any blatant spelling or vocabulary errors.
Proofreader - Review and polish all Approved content for any spelling, grammar, or punctuational errors that may have been overlooked.
Publisher - Format all Proofread content for final publishing on the front page and/or the headline banner. Add images or adjust formatting as needed. Publishers may also assist QA and Editors with reviewing and approving content as needed. Occasionally make minor changes to Published content (i.e. An author may send an email requesting that a photo be changed, or a link be corrected/updated; a Publisher would complete this task.)
Administrator - Monitor overall site functionality, address technical issues, implement new features and changes as needed, and ensure feasibility of the technical processes required in the workflow.
Translators Needed: We are also seeking on-site translators to assist with making the Blog international! Translate English content into other languages. Approve, Proofread, and Publish content that is already submitted in your native language(s). (By on-site, we mean we are seeking members who are willing to join the Team and attend meetings so that we can grant the necessary permissions to complete these translation tasks on the blog, on a regular basis. If you would like to simply help translate random content on your own, you are welcome to re-submit it in that language for publishing, and we would greatly appreciate this! Please be sure to indicate that you are re-submitting a translation, so that we can connect it to its other languages appropriately, and it does not simply get re-published as a duplicate.)
There are two (2) different types of permissions:
The standard Role (i.e. Editor) has the necessary permissions to carry out the appropriate tasks on the site, while the administrative Role (i.e. Editor_Admin) has the same appropriate permissions, as well as the ability and responsibility to grant permissions to other users, so that we may bring prospects onto the team for assistance, using the aforementioned process.
Meetings and Attendance
• Members should attend regularly scheduled Newsletter Team meetings. Meetings are currently held weekly on Sundays at 16:00 GMT (Spring)/ 17:00 GMT (Fall) on TeamSpeak. If you must miss a meeting, please review the Meeting Minutes to catch up on what was covered.
• Members will be added to a Google Group mailing list for Team communication between meetings, to ask/answer any questions and stay on top of tasks as needed.
Upon reviewing these guidelines and requirements, if you are interested in joining the Newsletter Team, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information:
-Role(s) you are interested in filling
-Some examples of your work or experience
-The Zeitgeist Movement Newsletter Team-